Load out of 600 ton Menck Pile Hammer in Hamburg, 2016
Client: Peak Project Carriers AS
Fjeld Consultant delivered:
- Vessel motion, accelerations and load analysis in accordance with DNV-VMO regulations for unrestricted world-wide transport.
- Vessel stability and ballasting calculations for departure condition in order to minimize the accelerations during transport.
- Design use of cost reducing reusable grillage system instead of "one-time-use" complex systems.
- Structural verifications of load spreading system and vessel structure.
- Design of cost-reducing and less time consuming lashing and securing system with direct inputs and recommendations to cargo manufacturer.
- Design of welded stopper arrangement, welding instructions and coordination of NDT inspection.
- Issue of Complete Transport Manual including detailed explanation of method to be used, CAD drawings, calculations and verifications. All in accordance with the well-recognized DNV-VMO Rules for Planning and Execution of Marine Operations.
- Supercargo during load-out; supervising to ensure that work is carried out in accordance to issued manual as well as ensuring smooth and efficient operation.
- Issue of Statement Report including pictures, lessons learned and areas of improvement.